Thursday, July 15, 2010

Making a comeback

I've not written here in almost two months for fear that if I started writing about how I felt, I wouldn't be able to stop crying. But I'm ready to give it a go.

You see....I fell in love.

Not a little bit in love. Like CRAZY in love. You know, the kind they parody in movies where the guy and girl run to each other in slow motion through a field of flowers and embrace. That kind.

It happened overnight. I could see myself falling...more like jumping out of a plane without a parachute. But I didn't care. I had moments of fear and doubt, but I brushed them aside and went for it.

You see, I had not felt love for someone or from someone in a very long time. "It was only 3 weeks". At least that what he kept telling me. But how can you assign a timeframe to your feelings?

Just as quickly as it began, it all came to a screeching halt when I jumped and he wasn't there to catch me. So I hit the ground hard, being scraped and bruised along the way. My wounds are healing, but the scars will always remain. The question is...am I willing to jump again?

In a heartbeat.

1 comment:

  1. You are amazing and brave. Always keep jumping. There's no other way to live.
    Love you.

    ReplyDelete