Friday, October 1, 2010

I am woman, hear me cry....

I am tired of the perception that being emotional means you're weak. I am PROUD of who I am. Proud that I have the ability to empathize and reach out to perfect stranger just as easily as I can breathe. Oh there I go, being "dramatic" again. It pisses me off that sometimes people treat me as if I'm to be merely "tolerated". "Just let her get the emotions out, then maybe she'll shut up"

Those people who scoff at my emotions and tears will be the first people who need my emotional support when the shit is going down and they are down and out. Good thing my overly emotional, dramatic self can identify with them and give them the comfort they so desperately need.

And suddenly, the emotional girl they looked over will be valuable. Just as SHE knew she was.

5 comments:

  1. I think I might very well be your clone. Except I can't sing, and I don't have your great hair. Shit. I think I got hosed. ;)

    Seriously, though, I know exactly how it feels to be just tolerated. Or brushed off like a joke: "ha ha, silly Rachel and her crazy ideas! Is she a character, or what?" Ugh. :P

    At least we over-emotional crazies can stick together. Where shall we cry in public next? I'm thinking Arby's.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm....Arby's is SO predictable. LOL. How about WalMart in the middle of the produce section?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nope, that won't work. Onions. Totally understandable. How about one of the hardware aisles?

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL. Nice one. Hardware aisle? Too many sharp objects....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ewww...good point. Get it? Good POINT! hahahahaha.

    ReplyDelete